- Who is RHK OpenSpace for?
- Where is RHK OpenSpace located?
- How secure is my RHK OpenSpace account?
- Are the files encrypted by RHK OpenSpace?
- Are my files in RHK OpenSpace Backed Up?
- What are the minimum requirements?
- I’ve forgotten my password, how do I reset it?
- How do I download a file (or files)?
- When uploading a file the system does not show any progress indication
- Who do I contact for support?
Who is RHK OpenSpace for?
RHK OpenSpace is a cloud application for us to collaborate online with our clients.
OpenSpace has two primary functions:
- Secure File Exchange - it creates a safe environment in which we can exchange documents electronically with our clients. Quick and simple to use, it cuts out the time and costs involved in posting documents and eliminates the risks involved in sending confidential information by email.
- Electronic Document Approval
Where is RHK OpenSpace located?
RHK OpenSpace is hosted at Microsofts Western Europe Azure Datacentre which is located in Ireland.
How secure is my RHK OpenSpace account?
Your password is encrypted using a salting and hashing algorithm. This means we don’t know your password, and anyone who looks in our database, can never find out what your password is. Only documents shared between yourself and ourselves can be accessed. The system maintains a log of secure and tamper proof pdf’s.
Are the files encrypted by RHK OpenSpace?
All files are encrypted in transit using SSL and AES technologies.
Are my files in RHK OpenSpace Backed Up?
Yes, Locally Redundant Storage is part of the Microsoft Azure platform that RHK OpenSpace runs on. Simply put, this means that there are 3 copies of all data stored at the Microsoft data centre; so if, for example, the main storage was to fail, Azure would instantly switch over to one of the backups without any effect on the application or its data.
What are the minimum requirements?
RHK OpenSpace is a cloud application and therefore all you need is an internet browser and an internet connection. We recommend the following browsers:
RHK OpenSpace does not work with Microsoft IE7 or earlier versions.
I’ve forgotten my password, how do I reset it?
Click here Forgot your password? and submit your email address; when you click reset you will receive an email, click the unique link in the email and re-create your new password.
Please note that RHK do not have access to any user passwords, you must reset your own password.
How do I download a file (or files)?
To download an individual file simply click the filename and your internet browser will take care of the rest.
If you wish to download multiple files at once check the relevant boxes to the left of the filename and click the Download button in the toolbar, the files will be compressed into a single ZIP file which can be extracted on your computer.
When uploading a file the system does not show any progress indication
Some internet browsers do not display the progress bar whilst uploading files to RHK OpenSpace; this is a known limitation of Internet Explorer (versions 9 and earlier).
Who do I contact for support?
Please contact your usual RHK contact, or email us on OpenSpacesupport@rhk.co.uk
I have received a ‘Client Registration’ email?
We have added your email address to your RHK OpenSpace account; this means you will be able to send and receive documents to/from RHK in a secure environment. Simply click the link in the email to activate your account and create your password.
Please contact us for further information.
How do I upload a file for my accountant?
Login to RHK OpenSpace and navigate into the folder location you wish to upload the file to:
- Click the Upload button in the toolbar
- Click Browse and find the file (or files) you wish to upload
- Select the file (or files) and click Open
- The upload will then start automatically
Please note the time it takes to upload a file is dependent on the upload speed of your internet connection which may be considerably slower than your download speed on a typical residential ADSL line.
How do I approve (or reject) a document?
You will be automatically notified if there is a document awaiting your review and approval. Login to RHK OpenSpace and navigate to the file that you have been requested to approve:
- Download the file
- Review the contents of the document
- Click the Approve link
- Click either Approve or Reject as appropriate
- Your accountant will then be notified of your action
Once a document has been approved it is then digitally sealed with your approval information and has a tamper proof certificate coversheet inserted before the first page.
- What file types can be approved?
- Can an approved document be edited?
- How can a third party verify a document that has been approved?
- Is electronic approval legally binding?
What file types can be approved?
Only PDF files can be approved at the moment.
Can an approved document be edited?
No, documents that have been approved are digitally sealed with a GlobalSign security certificate.
Can the contents of an approved document be obtained without an RHK OpenSpace login?
No, the only information that can be obtained is who approved the document and when it was approved.
Is electronic approval legally binding?
Yes, we have developed e-Approval in RHK OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act.